Forced Aim Iron Sights

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Michie
Banned

Re: Forced Aim Iron Sights

Post by Michie » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 11:01 pm

Definitelynotjay wrote:Michie. Stop bitching already. Yes, we get it. You don't like being forced to aim. But whose fault is that? Just yours. If you didn't want to be known as a spammer, and ultimately be forced to aim, then you should of played the game the way it's meant to be played.Otherwise, you can probably find another server that will let you hipfire to high heaven.
No asked for your opinion, So go back to game and piss and moan you bitch. Ive never seen any good post from you yet punk. Hope in real life your not like this .One day your going to find yourself sucking your dinner threw a Straw..

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 11:04 pm

Typical retarded macho arsehole resorting to threats of violence at the first opportunity. You go, hard man! Break the faces of people who don't agree with you.

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Sun 23 Mar , 2014 11:17 pm

Michie wrote:
Definitelynotjay wrote:Michie. Stop bitching already. Yes, we get it. You don't like being forced to aim. But whose fault is that? Just yours. If you didn't want to be known as a spammer, and ultimately be forced to aim, then you should of played the game the way it's meant to be played.Otherwise, you can probably find another server that will let you hipfire to high heaven.
No asked for your opinion, So go back to game and piss and moan you bitch. Ive never seen any good post from you yet punk. Hope in real life your not like this .One day your going to find yourself sucking your dinner threw a Straw..
*Insert rude comment regarding michie's playing style and face here*
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.

Eiforia
Piska

Post by Eiforia » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 12:54 am

Michie wrote: Ive never seen any good post from you yet
I guess everyone here can say the same about you too, Michie.
Neither here nor in game.
"I shall listen to Roy Orbison - "It's Over" in memory of Hamish" - Azarael

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 1:00 am

Azarael wrote:Typical retarded macho arsehole resorting to threats of violence at the first opportunity. You go, hard man! Break the faces of people who don't agree with you.
Way off base. I was saying in Real life. BTW useing Retarded .... Sad. Lets try to stay on Task, Myself included .Question ...Why is so called hip fire so off aim ? In the past I never noticed a problem . Unless this is LDG own Science Project ? If so then I understand and will deal with it by not dealing with it at all.... Just me. Its unplayable period for myself. No hard feeling here

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 1:05 am

Eiforia wrote:
Michie wrote: Ive never seen any good post from you yet
I guess everyone here can say the same about you too, Michie.
Neither here nor in game.
Please try to stay on task. Attacking me means nothing to be honest.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 1:21 am

It stops when the restriction is lifted. Your speed is reduced by 10% while aiming and you cannot make any form of double jump. These are the only restrictions movement-wise.

Michie
Banned

Post by Michie » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 1:37 am

Kinjin wrote:When I first played on BW, I had never heard of "Iron Sights" and didn't know how to use it within gameplay until a message kept on scrolling every 5 or 10 minutes saying "Can't aim well..."

So eventually asked a few people what this was all about and so, gave it a try. I suppose before I was too used to playing on standard UT servers, no ballistic weapons or mods so for me, trying to use iron sights proved difficult for me.

From time to time, I like to try using iron sights, when of course I'm not using the nano blade or mounted machine gun, sometimes I could kill with it turned on sometimes not. I'm generally not very good at aiming, let alone with iron sights. I suppose it's what you're used to but after reading a few comments that have already been mentioned previously, when sights are being used, it does sort of change your screen during game play, enough to maybe have less vision around you, or even the aiming part blocking your view and finally knowing which part of the aiming you need to use to actually hit someone. It would wind me up having to keep pressing a certain key to activate the sights every time, I decide to sprint or jump and this is another factor why I don't use it.

So for me by preference, I would tend to stick to standard cross-hairs and aim that way, I suppose it's still aiming, just not as precise without iron sights.

I never knew the history at all about BW and how it was meant to be played, for me, I find UT a fast paced game and initially was never intended for absolute precision such as Call of Duty etc...

If you are forced to use sights, does this stop after a certain period of time?
Well Said.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 10:29 am

I just want to mention that if you ain't playing with sights, once you use them your skill in the game will boost. Learn how to use them and you'll be able to kill everyone easier and faster...
My personal view: stop bitching about it and learn to use them :) ....
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Satin
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Satin » Mon 24 Mar , 2014 11:36 pm

I'm not even sure what Iron sights are, is it the 1st person view? and is hip fire the 3rd person view or somethng