RACE-Trials MashUp (series)

For posting your maps.
darkelf
Disappeared Administrator

RACE-Trials MashUp (series)

Post by darkelf » Fri 02 May , 2014 11:21 am

Map: RACE-TrialsMashUp(Part1)

Author: Tsumetai(T_SuperSmash-Trials), Anonymous(LLS-Trials) and SLT^Detonator(SLT-Trials). Compiled together by dark_elfy.

Description: This is a series I will be continuing. I'll be attempting to grab all the vehicle trials from trial maps made for ut2004 and compile just the vehicle trials into a race for ldg server.

Changes: I tried to stay original as possible. Obviously these maps were intended to be played by 1 team so each got support for both teams.
-advert added to lls map.. I felt like it needed.
-sentinels added for spawn protection.

Screenshot:
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off
> Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.: i told him i liked coca cola

darkelf

Re: RACE-Trials MashUp (series)

Post by darkelf » Fri 02 May , 2014 12:45 pm

Just had first play through.

Since i'm using both scorpions and raptors, I decided to make scorps emp.

Will having trial scorps and raptors work with each other? I seem to recall that when using trial scorps they cancel out any other vehicle.. not sure if that's still the case. Keep in mind there both in completely different worlds.
Modified Skins links: Yoda team colors viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2134&p=19097#p19097 Man assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1468&p=10763#p10763 Women Assassin viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1999&p=16615&hilit=skin#p16615
> WebAdmin [dark_elfy]: who is this pepsiman.. he seems really talkative and pissed off

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 02 May , 2014 12:48 pm

Not sure about the raptor part.. I seem to recall that one raptor could get jammed into the bottlenecks and therefore make it impossible to complete (or delay the obj for a while till it moves/despawns)

Might be chaos on higher player counts.

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Fri 02 May , 2014 1:37 pm

iRobot wrote:Not sure about the raptor part.. I seem to recall that one raptor could get jammed into the bottlenecks and therefore make it impossible to complete (or delay the obj for a while till it moves/despawns)

Might be chaos on higher player counts.
Oh forgot to mention I fixed that problem. The first hole has been given bigger walls to prevent vehicles getting stuck in the thin walls. Also more holes have been added. It should be 7 holes per team.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 02 May , 2014 1:51 pm

Nice :)

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 06 May , 2014 3:22 am

Tried doing a mix of trials vehicles with multiple vehicles like raptor but sadly its a no go(no worky). So unless izumo is willing to code it to work with multiple vehicles I'm pretty much forced to keep it as is..

So for now ill leave it as is. Sorry.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 06 May , 2014 9:01 am

You need a trial version of the raptor? There's no problem with multiple vehicles, but they either have to be a trial variant or placed within blue zone info (see arena in Blazing).

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 06 May , 2014 9:07 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:You need a trial version of the raptor? There's no problem with multiple vehicles, but they either have to be a trial variant or placed within blue zone info (see arena in Blazing).
Yah I tried just setting the ldg trial zone info in just one world for the trial scorps then set the other 2 objs(worlds) to trial scorps with out the ldg trial zone info in those areas. I'll try what I think your suggesting. Hopefully it works.

As for trial raptors. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and have trial raptors,dragon flies and benders. Working on bringing in a dragon fly map at the moment and it would be very helpful to have a trial dragon fly.

EDIT: The blazing maps I have do not have the arena area. I guess socio removed it. Also tried what I think you suggested I needed to do but no worky. I removed map from maplist for the time being till this is worked out along with the wonderful bsp holes that are showing up on the loop de loop obj.. what a shocker its scorpion coaster all over again..

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 06 May , 2014 11:23 am

The arena was implemented using "VehicleArenaZoneInfo" (it's blue), under ZoneInfo if you load package LDGVehicleTrials. But that's really made for Arena, could work if it's a last objective or something (regarding stuff like collision of the pawn).

Making trial vehicle is np (dunno when I get time, maybe some night when I'm fed up with writing master thesis). So you suggest making trial raptor and dragonfly?

darkelf

Post by darkelf » Tue 06 May , 2014 11:35 am

Izumo_CZ wrote:The arena was implemented using "VehicleArenaZoneInfo" (it's blue), under ZoneInfo if you load package LDGVehicleTrials. But that's really made for Arena, could work if it's a last objective or something (regarding stuff like collision of the pawn).

Making trial vehicle is np (dunno when I get time, maybe some night when I'm fed up with writing master thesis). So you suggest making trial raptor and dragonfly?

Ah will have to try that vehicle areana zone info then.. might work.

The maps I'm working on right now is a hellbender trial map and a dragon fly trial map. So I would like both but really all i need is a trial df. The dragonfly trial is going to be annoying as hell with collsion. The hellbender map ill just give it trial scorps instead. As for the raptor the only map I know of that has a raptor trial is the one I just did which is so easy there is no need to make it a trial. However it may be the only way to make it work with other trial vehicles in same map.