Decreasing playerbase

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.
Calypto

Re: Decreasing playerbase

Post by Calypto » Thu 02 Jul , 2015 8:45 am

I heard the first weekend of the month is coming...

Ollievrthecool

Post by Ollievrthecool » Thu 02 Jul , 2015 6:12 pm

Calypto wrote:I heard the first weekend of the month is coming...
Looks like you are getting desperate. =b

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 11 Sep , 2015 11:48 pm

Enjoy your permanent mute.

And seek out therapy. Your ragefits are pathetic.

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Fri 11 Sep , 2015 11:52 pm

The population seems to have gotten better ever since the original maps have been added back. Welcome to the Calyptonian Era of BW.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 11 Sep , 2015 11:53 pm

Let's just skip to the part where you're curled up in your bed, close to tears, seething with impotent rage because there's absolutely nothing you can do over being sanctioned for your disgusting attitude and inability to control your temper.

I don't know what's gone on in your life and frankly, I don't care. If you can't control yourself, I will do it for you.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Sat 12 Sep , 2015 12:06 am

what happened?

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Sat 12 Sep , 2015 12:17 am

Then let me make it directly clear to you what the problem is here, since I'm not the first person to have issues with you and I certainly won't be the last.

This is all over the Dark Star nerf.

As a player, your general strategy is very simple. Pick the most overpowered weapon for your skill level that you can get your hands on, whore it like hell, vote any map that's favourable to abuse of that weapon (or bitch incessantly for it to be voted, another thing that's been getting on my wick lately) and then respond with taunting and flames when anyone calls you on your cheap strategy and reveals an intention to rebalance the weapon. Should anyone dare to follow through on that threat (or indeed, express any kind of authority over you) you will then respond like a petulant child, presenting passive-aggressive comments whenever possible, to the extent that today you were spectating at the beginning of every match so that you could join, without fail, the team that I wasn't on. I saw you referring to me as "it" in the webadmin last night, a slight which I will not forgive easily.

For most players, weapon adjustments don't seem to be a problem, but you proved my point a million times over by raging so badly over a nerf to a single weapon. The point was that the Dark Star provided excessive reward on most maps for how easy it was to use, and so I adjusted it such that more skill is required to use the weapon. Upon noticing this you immediately threw a fit and the insults and passive aggressiveness flew, because the Dark Star is the only weapon you're actually capable of using. And why is that? Because it's cheese. If you were actually any good, an adjustment to the Dark Star wouldn't thoroughly cripple you.

The exact same problems with authority manifested before in a previous engagement, which I believe was with Earl, over your sandbagging the lifts so that you could Dark Star on them (and that ban was totally justified.) What you need to understand is that like it or not, you play on a server that is developed and managed by this group of people, and my patience with your shit attitude is at its end. If you honestly cannot deal with a weapon you use being adjusted, or with the server's rules, then leave, because I will not tolerate your passive aggressive bullshit any longer. Either develop the ability to present your opinions in a reasoned manner without resorting to insults and flame, or get out.

(And yes, I know you're in favour of the recent map additions because the flaws in those maps are exactly the ones you're looking for to exploit - especially on Urban Hot Zone.)

Greedisgood

Post by Greedisgood » Sat 12 Sep , 2015 12:34 am

tldr: Benji is mad. Dont get into it, its just that. I beg not to link it to any balance issues or chat rules. The server is currently better than ever, despite some players not getting used to less harsh chat moderation fast enough.
Benjamin, you are beyond the line now. Just close the browser and have a nap.
"Not one has eggs to chance" - Brötchen of Hellfire

Vanico

Post by Vanico » Sat 12 Sep , 2015 12:37 am

the face when noobs playing on exploitable noob maps to compensate for their noobness is still a problem in 2015

CaptainXavious
V.I.P. Member

Post by CaptainXavious » Sat 12 Sep , 2015 12:57 am

Wait, is this seriously over the buff to the dark star?