New GPU, new problem.

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
Oska
The wise man

Re: New GPU, new problem.

Post by Oska » Sat 21 Jun , 2014 1:45 am

Pinky wrote:No, power consumption looks fine to me.
I rather suspect an incompatibly between your motherboard's BIOS and the graphics card. After all, your ATI card is muuuch younger than your motherboard. You could try to look for a BIOS update - but I wouldn't expect that a new one has been released in the last years given the age your mainboard...
That. Your motherboard is probably too old. You can't expect a 9 years old motherboard to work with a recent card.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Sat 21 Jun , 2014 7:22 am

You will need to have motherboard support for PCI Express V2.1, which is already not fully backwards compatible with PCI Express V1.x (power consuption). However it may be as simple as a BIOS update, otherwise you need a new mainboard, sorry.

Mecha
V.I.P. Member

Post by Mecha » Sat 21 Jun , 2014 4:48 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like I have a new spare card for future rigs, it's simply not worth the (extra) trouble on migrating to another mainboard, I could buy an entire new system in the first place. At least the new RAM modules I've received today work properly.
↑ ↓ A A B ← → A B ↑ A ↓ → → ← B ↑ ← A → B ← → A ← ↑ A ↓ A → ← B Select

I did it. Can you?