Lack of players lately

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Bufty

Lack of players lately

Post by Bufty » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 10:02 pm

There is a depletion of players lately, could this have anything to do with the changes made to weapons added, that some of us have poor responses when firing...delays, sporadic and not. In this case the victims are getting slaughtered by the opposition that have total control. I have changed my mouse, tried other servers and have no bother on them. Could you/anyone please explain this?

Pinky
Disappeared Administrator

Re: Lack of players lately

Post by Pinky » Tue 19 Aug , 2014 10:30 pm

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 20 Aug , 2014 10:35 am

I found that using "Force skins" (!) reduced my stuttering a bit - it's under a "Brightskins/models" menu tab somewhere. For Freon, I just ticked the two checkboxes in the lower half of the dialog, and now everyone looks like Torch. A bit crap, but you still see the name labels.

I blame my motherboard - it's 6 years old now and only has PCIe-2, SATA-II and no AHCI.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 20 Aug , 2014 10:53 am

could you list your PC specs, out of curiosity?

It might be a lack of resources if you're having lag. At 22 players there is a lot happening at once, even on low settings.

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 20 Aug , 2014 1:14 pm

I've got a 2.66Ghz CPU, an AMD 7850 card, and an Intel 530 SSD, but I think my system still suffers from the sheer amount of texture/geometry data being passed around my ancient motherboard.

I know UT2004 is 10 years old now but given the extra code in the BW mod, the server skins, the large maps, and 22 players - that all combines to drag it down. However, I know you guys have tried plenty of things so I'm content to just wait and upgrade one day.

I'm signed up for beta testing Toxikk in Q4, which may force my wallet into action.

joinha