Bans

Discuss matters related to LDG or UT2004 which aren't specific to any server.
Michie
Banned

Bans

Post by Michie » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 2:45 am

Like to talk and Bans and ect... You guys are giving Bands /Mutes for others Using Caps. Does it really Bother you that Much ? Come on Guys maybe there Keys are Stuck ,Its happen to myself Many times .I looking at key board and game is going on trying to fix it. Get Real D= .Get a Grip. New Players come and Go And your so quick to Ban. Cut some Slack to the Non Pros and Ect... Shit Happens .Others come here to this Sight and its 100% Total Asshole Ville to the New person who don't understand. Why Not try to help the other players out by not just smoken them ? Shoot them in the Toe or something :lol: Also Stop Changing Others names> Sometimes I like to changer my name .Maybe after a Good Song I heard that day .Yet im Forced to Always log in a Michie .That's Not cool .Some can some Cant . If you are all such Pros .Why Not Teach more ? It will only make you feel better and get better .Words Of Wisdom. Ways of Life .Peace )

Calypto

Re: Bans

Post by Calypto » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 6:51 am

I will usually session kick unless it is persistent. Regarding changing names: if they are inappropriate but are not ban worthy, they may be changed. This goes for UsedIllegalName/Player. If your in-game name is "Michie" and is changed to something stupid, that is a different story.

ZioFede

Post by ZioFede » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 8:50 am

I've never seen anyone been banned for CAPS without any warning first. AND YOU KNOW, WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS DISTRACTING AND ANNOYING AFTER A WHILE.

just sayin'

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 10:03 am

The only exception to the CAPS rule are Flo's rages.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 10:05 am

If you set your font small in UT then everything is caps

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 10:57 am

1) Caps are annoying, but I've seen admins being tolerant to new players using caps so I don't accept your assertion about that.

2) Constant name-changing is annoying and a bit sad - it's just a way of getting attention when you've been muted. Just play the game, and stop trying to game the players.

---

Regarding new players, what I have seen recently is established players being quick to kick them when it's obvious that they are not afk, but just struggling with their 1st go on BW. Please remember to give helpful advice to new players, instead of persecuting them for "weakening your team". We were all new once and we need all the players we can get - some of them might turn out to be quite good.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 11:08 am

Would it not be prudent to simply make it so while you're muted, your player name is locked? Since I assume mutes are tied to GUID's, then player names could be also.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 12:39 pm

iRobot wrote:If you set your font small in UT then everything is caps
On the Invasion server, a different font is used. The PvP servers use the stock font because chat filtering is up on those servers, so anyone who doesn't want to see caps spam can just enable the filter.

I warn for caps then mute, unless the player is stupid enough to tell me that he's going to use caps regardless of what I say, but on non-Invasion servers it's rare that I see them. dk is a testament to the fact that admins don't ban for caps.

Nobody actually changes Michie's name. The gametype is hardcoded to force your name to ~Michie~ and prevent it from being changed. Not only is it irritating when you have a new name every session, it's even more annoying when you use those new names to talk to people who don't want a goddamn fucking thing to do with you.

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 5:23 pm

Shoudn't we make a small pdf document/html link in game or similar with instructions how to config your key binds and select weapons, and do all this basic things as reload or use iron sights?? And of course to state the RULES... For all new players to have before they enter to the game the relevant info they need. Put it to be read in the first window when you enter LDG server, where you accept the rules...
just saying ;)
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Definitelynotjay

Post by Definitelynotjay » Fri 05 Sep , 2014 5:27 pm

Butcher wrote:Shoudn't we make a small pdf document/html link in game or similar with instructions how to config your key binds and select weapons, and do all this basic things as reload or use iron sights?? And of course to state the RULES... For all new players to have before they enter to the game the relevant info they need. Put it to be read in the first window when you enter LDG server, where you accept the rules...
just saying ;)
I believe that there is already something like that, binding to F12 (correct me if i'm wrong). Perhaps it could be displayed the first time you enter, and you have to tick "I agree and understand these rules" or summat. That way there would be no "I didn't read the rules" excuses, and people would be able to get to grips a bit better.

:)
You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge.
They will try to kill you. Kill them back.