What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Discuss the Ballistic Weapons servers here.

What do you think about the current balance?

I am fine with the new content and the weapon balance and the changes
63%
I am fine with the new content, but annoyed by the frequent balance changes to keep it in line
6%
I would prefer freeze of content, to get the balance settled at last - I do not like adjusting to the frequent changes at all
No votes
I would prefer reduction in the content and readjusting to a state we had approximately a year ago (late 2013)
6%
I do not care at all
25%

Total votes: 16

BladeSword

Re: What is your opinion about the new content & changes?

Post by BladeSword » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:51 pm

In what way the game was better ? Sorry but I'm a bit concerned by the story here.

Aberiu
V.I.P. Member

Post by Aberiu » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:53 pm

Less whine probably

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:55 pm

Capaco wrote:I dont really care anymore, as you probably noticed, im not posting a lot anymore.

I dont like the recent amount of fakenicks on the servers. I did it myself sometime ago, but why cant ppl show their normal name while playing?

Best example, to show it at the end of the game when u been 1st. facepalm
People using different names all the time is tedious. One name should be tied to each GUID.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:57 pm

I have no problem with the idea of locking nicknames to GUIDs.

iZumo
Disappeared Administrator

Post by iZumo » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 3:58 pm

I'm not against implementing nick lock in LDG ID (will need extended UTComp support) either.
BladeSword wrote:In what way the game was better ? Sorry but I'm a bit concerned by the story here.
He posted it here: https://ldg-gaming.eu/viewtopic.php?p=32227#p32227

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 5:06 pm

Still way off-topic, but locked names to GUIDs would be good, now that "cm whois" is disabled.

Changing name often is just spamming for attention. And high-skillers wanting to avoid tryhards is a bit of a cop-out too. Although admins avoiding whiners is valid maybe? ;)

Perhaps just within a session - locked forever could be too contentious.

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 5:21 pm

So you just change name before joining the server? Solves nothing, people do that already.

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 5:26 pm

Skaldy wrote:And high-skillers wanting to avoid tryhards is a bit of a cop-out too.
Faking doesn't really work against tryhards. If they've devoted their entire playing existence to trying to annoy you, they'll be able to tell you from the way you play.
Skaldy wrote:Although admins avoiding whiners is valid maybe? ;)
Damn str8.

Oska
The wise man

Post by Oska » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 5:36 pm

Who cares about the names and how is that related to balance?

There only a few players changing names, and as soon as they play we just know who they are: Azarael because he doesn't want to be bugged, Vanico because he likes to have stupid names, butcher because he believes that changing his name will make his ping better, and Calypto because he likes to be a "killer". As for Sage, he can't enter the name without saying hello or BOOM anyway, even while changing names.

The weapons as they are now are for most of them balanced, the new weapons need adjustments but that's normal since they haven't been tested before. Of course there are some points on which everyone can argue and some that don't make sense at all but eh, life is not perfect.

Regarding the:
Skaldy wrote:Although admins avoiding whiners is valid maybe? ;)
There is a client-side mute system for that. If you don't want to be bothered by a player just mute him. There is absolutely no need to spend ages reading the chat or checking exactly what everybody else says knowing that at some point someone will report if anything racist/anything_else is being said. Regular players have enough relation with admins/mods to report if anything wrong is being said.
anyway, did someone put their salami into your mama's underwear or something? - team-spec*Azarael

Skaldy
V.I.P. Member

Post by Skaldy » Wed 10 Dec , 2014 5:46 pm

iRobot wrote:Solves nothing, people do that already.
Of course, I was just talking about the session name-changing muppets. A permanent global lock is a big step, but I'm all for it.
Oska wrote:There is a client-side mute system for that.
Sure, but does the mutee get any feedback that they have been muted by the muter? If they don't, that might explain why they just seem to continue whine-spamming regardless, and the rest of the server then also has to mute or put up with it.