DM-CityOfThieves

For posting your maps.
Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Re: DM-CityOfThieves

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 12:26 am

Possible the low graphics settings are to blame, the cubemap is present on the editor itself. I'll have to bump up the settings when screenshotting I guess
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 2:50 am

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. wrote:Possible the low graphics settings are to blame, the cubemap is present on the editor itself. I'll have to bump up the settings when screenshotting I guess
It's more than 10 years old game srsly

btw. I'd make the fog densier (looks like there is none).

giZmo
Hogwarts Professor

Post by giZmo » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 12:46 pm

Izumo wrote:btw. I'd make the fog densier (looks like there is none).
Densier....you sound like Foglypso ._.
"We never truly know how to appreciate something until we have lost it forever."

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 1:15 pm

giZmo wrote:
Izumo wrote:btw. I'd make the fog densier (looks like there is none).
Densier....you sound like Foglypso ._.
Oh and add more trees trollface

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Sun 08 Feb , 2015 1:27 pm

100% complete now. Thanks for the help! No fog, but I do like a tree or two ;)

“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

Butcher
V.I.P. Member

Post by Butcher » Mon 09 Feb , 2015 12:40 pm

Great Earl.. when could we see it on action?
"An BW match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck." :)

Capaco

Post by Capaco » Tue 10 Feb , 2015 12:06 pm

huh? didnt we play it already like 2 weeks ago? i remember these stairs and the surrounding.

Great :D

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 10 Feb , 2015 12:12 pm

Yeah the first version was online a fortnight ago, but that's broken so we can't play it! This version is a lot better and hopefully enjoyable - no tunnels to spam down ;) Hopefully we'll get to test it out sooner rather than later

Calypto

Post by Calypto » Thu 19 Feb , 2015 10:37 pm

As I mentioned in-game, there is a floating object on street level near one of the outer buildings, it should be easy to notice, I've no time to SS it right now. Also, what are the thin gray meshes, were those use for the objectives? They seem out of place assuming the color scheme.

Overall, the map was pretty good, some jump pads were a bit misaligned, but they are a pain to set up.
If you were to change the gameplay a bit, my suggestion would be to lower the number of jump pads as they make it too easy to navigate to key locations, excluding the hidden teleporters.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Fri 27 Feb , 2015 12:10 pm

Changelog:

- Relocated the three 'bird's nest' platforms to face the outside streets rather than inside. This means each platform can now no longer fire upon the others. (I was concerned the platforms were solely being used to camp the other platforms, rather than being used to fire down from). This will benefit the players using the platform by providing a greater view of the streets, rather than the previous, limited, view. Alternatively, this will also benefit the players attacking the platforms by allowing them to cross the roofs, striking the platforms from behind. The relocation also means platform users will know exactly when their teleporter is in use (Previously, the close proximity of all three teleporters meant the entrance sound was muddled between the platform). Finally, the new positions allow players to easily target those camping on giZmo's Tower.

- New steps have been added to the sides of the roof slopes to provide a second access point to the platforms.

- The 'hidden' teleporters on the ground floor have been relocated. One is now in the church, whilst the other is along the second long street. Both are visible. Additionally, the portal exits have been located such that blocking of such is now impossible. Jump pads have also been modified a little to make them more reliable.

- Finally, deleted the floating relics on the street level (hopefully I've got 'em all). Also deleted the grey meshes which were previously used as objective markers on the Assault version.