Progress.

Anything goes here. Keep it tasteful.
shadownoon

Progress.

Post by shadownoon » Sat 07 Aug , 2010 6:37 pm

This topic is purely for me to use because i want to be able to track my own changes in an orderly way, similar to how you create a map then post the map fix -ignore anything i put below.

1st Draft

-Bottom vents too big, aircraft wingspan too large, off-proportion top-vents.

2nd Draft

-Proportions re-worked, vents now accurate to references and the overall bulk has been reduced. Wingspan has been redone to be more minimal, pointed edges have been removed and rotary area corrected.
-Possibly the final draft but there is plenty of room for cosmetic value on the wings, they seem a bit boring.

]sNi[ShadowNoon

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Re: Progress.

Post by Azarael » Sat 07 Aug , 2010 11:10 pm

Roger that.

KimiRäikkönen

Post by KimiRäikkönen » Sat 07 Aug , 2010 11:11 pm

make me some matrix apu !

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Sun 08 Aug , 2010 12:05 am

WHAT THE FUCK IS MATRIX APU??

*Edit* http://lmgtfy.com/?q=matrix+apu Gf me.

Uhm, choices are making it as a character skin which nobody would see and it would most likely suck. Making it a vehicle, which i guess seems more possible. I think i've seen it already where you can be in robots, i think i saw it on a server years back but it would have to be a simplified APU and there wouldn't be able to be those hanging ammobelts aaannddd, it would be near-impossible to line up every single seam, well, seamlessly.

1. Aza doesn't have the patience and unless it was to be done properly, he wouldn't do it, but if it was to be done properly then it would definitely go outside the polygon naughty restrictions.

2. Good luck finding someone sad enough to 100% accurately texture that, even if i spent months on it, i'd never be able to align every single seam correctly without fail.

3. IF by some miracle we successfully did it, kimi, it would be ripped and stolen till kingdom come. (Although i'd be creaming over the fact that i'd textured something like that and Aza would crying over the lost hours of modelling that he'll never get back).

]sNi[ShadowNoon

KimiRäikkönen

Post by KimiRäikkönen » Sun 08 Aug , 2010 1:52 am

i didnt expect a serious awnser xD i thought 1 of you would say 'fuck that kimi it would take 5000 years'

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

shadownoon

Post by shadownoon » Sun 08 Aug , 2010 1:54 am

Meh, Aza can model anything, it's the game itself that has the poly-fag restriction. And then the collision-fag restrictions. And then the added fagness of faggity fag-texturing.

Fag-y.

]sNi[ShadowNoon