RACE-Caverns

For posting your maps.
ZioFede

Re: RACE-Caverns

Post by ZioFede » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 9:55 am

by chops you mean stuttering? how much RAM does it use?

God should have let Paul live and let you die instead, worthless piece of shit. -Mr. H&some about a random actor-

Earl_Vencar.:LLS:.
Disappeared Administrator

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 10:16 am

Stuttering. It's like having packet loss every five seconds. I'm going to try lowering the texture sizes, but I think rebuilding the whole map is inevitable. I made a huge mistake with the terrain.
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 12:24 pm

I have a pretty decent system, I'll give the map a try tonight when I get on and see how the performance is. Are all required files included?

Satin

Post by Satin » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 12:47 pm

It's choppy on mine. fps is ok, but even offline, you get periods of ..lag

Core i7-4770k, ASUS MAXIMUS VI GENE: RoG, 32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz, GTX 780, 480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, 2+1 TB WD CAVIAR BLACK, CORSAIR 850W GOLD, Corsair H80i

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 1:11 pm

It'll be your H80i causing lag.

iZumo

Post by iZumo » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 6:07 pm

That's possibly because you didn't use antiportals, causing the game to render too much. Use rmode 1 (rmode 5 switches back to default) to see in wireframe what's being rendered, and place antiportals, so that the occluded areas are not rendered.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 7:04 pm

Ah, my anti-portals weren't working. I'll re-do them, but I guess the tunnels between the 'sections' might have to be sacrificed for performance.

Edit: Nah, I'll have to re-make the terrain properly. I've tried my best with the anti-portals, and the combination of those with dense fog has done little to stop the stuttering :/
“We humans do not understand compassion. In each moment of our lives, we betray it. Aye, we know of its worth, yet in knowing we then attach to it a value, we guard the giving of it, believing it must be earned. Compassion is priceless in the truest sense of the word. It must be given freely. In abundance.”

iRobot
Junk Administrator

Post by iRobot » Tue 02 Feb , 2016 10:58 pm

Can't test, missing LDGObjects, feels bad man

Nardaq_NL

Post by Nardaq_NL » Wed 03 Feb , 2016 1:55 am

I was able to load (listen) the map in regular AS mode. and did some flying/driving around. nothing special going on @ fps or lag.

Post by Earl_Vencar.:LLS:. » Thu 04 Feb , 2016 11:22 pm

Map is completely doomed - I wiped all the non-visible terrain with no success. I even deleted the inverted layer and it still stutters! So I'll just delete the map and create a proper, scaled version. Not happy with some aspects of it anyway.