AS-BlackHawk(v2)

For posting your maps.
Socio
Disappeared Administrator

AS-BlackHawk(v2)

Post by Socio » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 2:55 pm

Okay... first of all I say I dont want any credit for this map, since everything from geometry to static meshes and textures was done by Angelheart, and the level in original DM form you can download here: http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=2805
The first idea of turning this into an AS map goes to Calum, I only did the dirty work with rebuilding the map and adding objectives and scripts. It was AS-BlackHawk(v1) and it was only on foot assault. Knowing that because of this, the map does not fit into LDG map list, I decided to rework the map once again and make it an assault with vehicles. One vehicle to be honest, a Goliath (lol, yeah, the map is pretty small for a vehicle usage, but after thinking it over, Goliath is the only vehicle that would make sense in the map), but its has standard health (1000hp) and its critical while accomplishing 3 obj., so you can call it "vehicle assault" :D
Here you go some screens, they are from the v1 release, but 90% of v2 is generaly the same
ImageImageImageImage
I think that the map will be really good with smaller playercount around 6vs6, but with bigger it also will be playable.
Download link: http://www.filefront.com/15844731/AS-Bl ... 8v2%29.rar
> team-spec*Socio: i see a new rais map
> team-spec*Socio: curious if ikea
> H&some: its not
> H&some: its actually pretty good

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Re: AS-BlackHawk(v2)

Post by bOnO » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 3:43 pm

This map is cool, nice theme.
Concerning the objectives, i just noticed the same problem for secondary obj 4(moreover, what is the advantage of destroying those cars? only to gain 5 points?) and obj 6: you can only destroy them with the tank, which I think is a big problem on a map with just one tank. On 6vs6, maybe it's no problem, but i don't see it survive enough time in a 10vs10 match.
However, last obj is the contrary: in a 6vs6 match, it will take a long time to destroy it whereas with more players (a bit like the last obj on legowars)...
Good choice for the goliath as the unique vehicule.
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Socio

Post by Socio » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 3:59 pm

Ha! I knew that I forgot to write something, the "Destroy defenders vehicles" side obj. (it is destroyable only with the tanks main gun, 4 hits per car, since standard weapons would make this obj. too easy) is a very critical obj. for defenders, since when both of them are destroyed, defenders cant no longer respawn here, and their respawn is moved to the main base, so attackers who menage to accomplish it, will have an easy way to the 2 next obj.. Dont worry, I'm not Kimi, making side obj. only to get points :D
The barricade obj. is made this way since defenders have a long way to run from their spawn to defend it, also the tanks heal ratio is increased to 0.45, so ppl should link in chain just like in Ionification to make the tank live longer.
And not forget that Goliaths cannon packs quite a punch.
And the last obj, it is okay, trust me, when you shoot at it alone it takes a longer while, but with a few ppl linking in chain and an extra tank for support, it'll go down fast :D

KimiRäikkönen

Post by KimiRäikkönen » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 5:26 pm

Goddamnit socio this is the 2nd time ur map ideas are here before me :(

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Tue 16 Mar , 2010 6:10 pm

Looks like COD ^^ I'll look forward to checking out your map, nice... Kidding I won't give you any credit ;P <3

Pluto

bOnO
UT2004 Administrator

Post by bOnO » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 12:27 am

Well, as I thought, secondary obj 4 are badly placed to be shot with tank only, nobody has even tried to kill it, since any weapon can destroy the primary obj which is situaded right in the front of the way.
And the tank can be destroyed so fast that nobody takes the time to accomplish them, it's easier to rush past the door.
So, either make them destroyable by any weapon, or remove them, or put it somewhere else... or anything else.
I don't see the point of letting obj which will never been accomplished :roll:
Its all about the game, and how you play it
All about control, and if you can take it
All about your debt, and if you can payit
Its all about pain and whos gonna make it...

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 2:40 am

Yeah I did notice that aswell ^^

Socio

Post by Socio » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 4:14 pm

Okay, I have modified the map a bit, and as Bono suggested I had moved the cars forward so they are easier to shoot with tank (giving the fact that this is a very critical obj. for defenders, since as I mentioned after the cars are destroyed defenders cant spawn here anymore, making them destroyables with normal weapons would be far too easy) and reduced their HP a bit. Tank can shoot them now from the left turn, I hope it will help the teams that dont know what teamwork linking is to success. And I also did patch the tanks HP a bit, raised it to 1250 and link heal ratio to 0.55. I also worked on the road since many ppl complained about the ammount of obstacles and added blocking volumes to some that I left (tank tended to get "stuck" on the plain static meshes). Deleted few annoying camping spots, so I wont have to shoot Erotics down from them over and over again... it gets really annoying after a while. And thats all that I worked on, I cant guarantee a good gameplay with teams over 10vs10, since thats the max player count I designed for this map :P
Download link: http://www.filefront.com/15863185/AS-Bl ... 8v3%29.rar
Okay, so please Bono, delete the current version and replace it with this one :)

Cartoon

Post by Cartoon » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 9:44 pm

With problems fixed it should be an LDG favourite! GJ!

Azarael
UT2004 Administrator

Post by Azarael » Thu 18 Mar , 2010 10:29 pm

Few things I'm noticing while playing:

Shock / LG are conspicuously absent from the map. If any area will take a Minigun in its balance, it will also take the LG, if not the Shock Rifle.
The tank is extremely out of place. I saw Socio get a Wicked Sick with it, and it feels like Chaos does in that one person takes the tank and rapes while the others just link the tank.